I never dreamed of becoming a writer or an author. I knew that I have a talent in writing during my school days but never thought that writing will be my profession later in life. I was already in my late 20’s that I’ve realized this.
After winning in a screenplay writing competition in 1999, I got a job as a researcher and concept developer in a major film production company in the Philippines. A year and a half later, I started writing novels, comics, and started a column for a daily tabloid in 2003. In 2004, I temporarily stopped writing after giving birth.
A year and a half later, I went back to the corporate world. Over the years, I’ve been employed in different industries which provided me good materials for writing and a few business insights.
In 2012, I decided to start working from home and write web content. For the past seven years, I have been working with start-up companies, small to medium businesses, and individual brands across different industries creating websites, blogs, press releases, or social media posts for them.
I got my own website in 2016 and started writing about my own opinion on books, films, foods, places, games, and events. My free-spirited nature and Jill-of-all trades attitude has prepared me for the kind of writing I’m expected of. This website and the blogs I have reflect that constant change.
Check out my resume, portfolio, writing services I offer, and blogs. Or if you have something for me to try and review, don’t hesitate to send me an e-mail.
Benjamin Franklin said, “If you wou’d not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing.” I decided to do both.
- I’m a Thomasian, having graduated B.S. Medical Technology at the University of Santo Tomas in 1990. I graduated B.S. Nursing at De Los Santos College in 1994. Passed both licensure examinations and briefly practiced the professions until 1999.
- I have a total of 25 years of employment in various industries including sales, customer service, and quality assurance.
- I’m a free-spirited digital nomad, a Jill-of-all-trades, and open to all possibilities. Just don’t show me snakes.
- I read a lot, watch videos daily, a covert foodie, a retrogaming mom, and still needs to check off travel destinations from my bucket list.
- I’ve been working from home since 2012 doing mostly web content.
- I’m a Generation X mom to a Generation Z daughter.
- I’m five years older than my husband who happens to be my best friend and travel companion.
- I’m still searching for my biological family, if that interests you.
Within the 25 years of my employment, I have done freelance writing which lead me to use the name Creative Mixed Media Freelancing.
HOW CREATIVE MIXED MEDIA CAME TO BE
In September 2001, three friends and I decided to put up a media production house. We entered into a partnership and registered it at the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) as Creative Mix Media Productions.
After a few projects, we parted ways and I continued doing freelance writing since then. And since I was the one who came up with the name, I carried it along and changed it to Creative Mixed Media Freelancing in June 2012.
On December 2017, I registered for a business name. As a sole proprietor, the Department of Trade and Industry granted the business name Marissa N. Uycoco-Bacsa Professional Services instead. They also advised me to seek trademark copyright to the name Issa Bacsa which I will do soon.
LET’S GET IN TOUCH
You might have noticed that comments are disabled. For any comment, question, suggestion, or request, simply send an email using the contact form. Your message goes into my inbox right away. I’m always online (not necessarily 24/7) and I’ll respond as soon as I can.
By sending an email, you are agreeing to provide your name and email address which will be stored and be used to contact you via email and newsletters unless you specify that you don’t want to. Other contact information are found on the sidebar.
Although I have various social media accounts, the old school writer in me still prefer e-mail as my main communication tool.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
I am not a lawyer but I made some Terms & Conditions for this website. Feel free to read it before exploring the whole site.
Every person has the right to privacy and here’s my stand.